Saturday, December 26, 2009

Pine for You

What a wonderful Christmas we had yesterday, sharing food, presents and laughter with family. It was fun seeing my children get excited over presents, but they got even more excited about the warm fuzzies jar they wrapped for Jesus. During the month of December every time they did something nice for someone (like making a bed, giving a hug, sharing a toy or giving a massage) they put a cotton ball "warm fuzzy" in the jar and when it was full on Christmas Eve we wrapped it and put it under the tree for the Saviour. Then we made a birthday cake for Him, which we ate Christmas morning (just to start the day with sugar!) It was a wonderful way to help us all remember what Christmas is all about.


We also recieved our last Secret Santa present late last night. A HUGE hamper filled with yummy food and drink for us to enjoy. Our hearts are filled with gratitude for the kindness and generosity that is out there.



I know this is a bit late, now that Christmas is over, but this quilt was the first I made into a pattern. Its called "Pine for You" - named by my husband Todd (thanks honey for showing an interest in my passion). I adored the "Figgy Pudding" fabric and bought a layer cake of it at the Sydney Craft and Stitches show in the middle of the year.

I used a really easy stack and slash method of cutting the squares it was fun making the trees all a bit different. I hand quilted around and trees and on the borders and bound the quilt using left over scraps of figgy pudding fabric (I like using every last scrap).

I loved the way it turned out so much I made it into a pattern. My sister Amelia tried it out and made up the quilt top in a weekend. It went into a number of quilting stores around Australia, which was so exciting. Special thanks to Blueberries for encouaging me to create my first pattern and being the first to stock it in their gorgeous store.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for leaving a comment! I try to respond but life sometimes gets in the way. If you have any questions please email me at kateeconklin(at)gmail(dot)com