Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Zoe's Quilt

In October my good friend Natalie had a beautiful little girl. I haven't had a chance to meet her yet as they live in Tasmania, but she sent me this photo of little Zoe on the quilt I made - doesn't she show off the quilt nicely. She's just so snuggable.



I loved making this quilt for Zoe. Nat knew she was having a girl and her colours were earthy tones and green, so although this isn't a really girly quilt, I think it fits the bill. I cut up an ABC panel and surrounded each square with green, added cream sashing and two borders.


I machine quilted in the ditch around the sashing and borders and hand quilted the outer border in a looping bee type meandering line.


I ummed and ahhed about adding the hand quilting, but I'm so glad I did. It really added to the quilt and went well with the lady bug/flower theme on the border.

1 comment:

  1. Love the quilt Katie. The hand quilting made it even cuter. How adorable is Zoe!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment! I try to respond but life sometimes gets in the way. If you have any questions please email me at kateeconklin(at)gmail(dot)com