Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Charm Bracelets

Charm packs are full of lovely little gems - so many beautiful fabrics all in one little pack. Why not frame them up and link them together to make some "Charm Bracelets"?


I used "Panache" by Sanae (I bought mine at Blueberries) - modern and pretty at the same time. I made some squares larger than others and surrounded each fabric square with cream and then light green fabric.

I wasn't sure about the grey fabric before I quilted it. I thought that there was way too much grey, but the stippling moved it into the background and now I absolutely love it. I think the squares of fabric really stand out against it.

I hand quilted each bracelet. I do enjoy hand quilting, there's something rhythmic and calming about it. I also like the heirloom quality it gives to a quilt.

Thanks Todd for racing down to the park at 7am to take these photos. As always they're beautiful.

I bound my quilt in more of the panache fabric. I went for another peiced back (not included in the pattern) - I didn't have enough of any one fabric, so instead of buying more I just cut them up and put them back together in this chunky design. I really like how the hand and machine quilting show up on the back.



This pattern is available for purchase - the stockists list is on my sidebar. Alternatively you can download it instantly for AU$10.00 (approx US$9). It contains 6 pages of full colour step by step photos and diagram to complete the quilt top.


6 comments:

  1. Hi! Wonderful quilt! Your work is fabulous! I've popped in from Saffron Craig's blog and I'm so glad I did! xox

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is my favourite so far. Love the stipling that you've done by hand. You're a quilting genius!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The bracelet threads are available of different kinds such as Aubergine Metallic and Graphite Metallic, Pink Champagne and Persimmon in Metallic leather. You can buy them according to your budget and style. The locks on the bracelets are also carefully handcrafted to avoid the beads from sliding off. The beads also contain internal threads that will keep it strong and secure in the bracelet and flows smoothly over the thread of the bracelet.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your patterns so much. I put that I wanted a different one but now I've seen this one I'm just not sure. You are just so talented.

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG what a pretty bracelets. This is my first time to this site but my friend has told me about your work and you are very very good!
    Cheap bracelets

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment! I try to respond but life sometimes gets in the way. If you have any questions please email me at kateeconklin(at)gmail(dot)com