Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Dandelion Windows

When I first saw Saffron Craig's Fields range of fabric I was smitten. I had to have some. So I used my birthday money to buy a bundle and I felt like a little kid in a sweet shop. I was so excited, but it took a while to figure out what to do with them. I felt that the fabrics were so beautiful they deserved to shine out individually.

I created solid fabric windows for each fabric and sashed them with white on white material. I like the way the grey windows break up the pink and set it off.


Normally I like to add quilting as decoration, but I felt this quilt didn't need any. The fabrics were so lovely as they were. So I machine stitched in the ditch. I used a small yellow dot for the backing, and the binding is a pink, green and yellow stripe. I love the way it turned out.


Thanks Saffron, you're a genious. You can buy the pattern on my sidebar and the kit at Saffron's shop.

1 comment:

Thanks so much for leaving a comment! I try to respond but life sometimes gets in the way. If you have any questions please email me at kateeconklin(at)gmail(dot)com