Thursday, February 11, 2010

Check out the donkeys in boots!

This gorgeous fabric arrived today from Laurie Wisbrun at Scartlet Fig. Thanks Laurie! I just love those donkeys in boots. I don't know how I'm going to cut into it though. I have a few ideas for patterns, but now that the fabric's arrived I can start thinking measurements and nitty gritty. For the time being I'll just stroke the fabric and dream every time I go past it.



And here's a sneak peak of the latest project I've been working on. I was planning on making another pinwheel quilt, but at the last minute decided to design a new pattern. Luckily I had enough fabric, and I'll use the fabric earmarked for the borders -for the binding. The top is finished and I just bought the backing fabric today. That French General fabric feels so good to work with.

By the way, thanks for all the great comments - you're so encouraging. Its a bit sad, but I get soooo excited when there is a new comment. I'm hopeless at leaving comments, but I'll try to do better.

9 comments:

  1. I absolutely ADORE Laurie Wisbrun's fabrics, and those rain boots are to die for! Can't wait to see what you do with your fabric! And the Rouenneries fabrics are fabulous, too!

    joan

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes!!!! I love the donkey material, heck I even had a donkey in my engagement pictures haha ... ├žant wait to see what you do with it Katie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh how exciting! I ordered some Donkeys in Wellies too. I'm jealous you got yours already! hopefully mine isnt too far away! Cant wait to see what you do with yours!
    p.s. love the little blue quilt from last post

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Kate.. Love your new sneaky peek quilt.. Im hopefully cutting up my new one that we spoke about today.. was great to see you as well IRL today.. will book in a date for catch up, play date really soon Ally xx

    PS i love my Blog comments too.. Im hoping that with all the patterns i give away at the show I might get some more traffic xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. thanks for your help this evening & quilting get together in March is a FANTASTIC idea XXX

    ReplyDelete
  6. That fabric is beautiful! It is new to me so thanks for sharing the link. Your new project looks terrific too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have that fabric as well. Her fabrics just make me so happy. Love the design of the French General. Can't wait to see the whole thing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Donkey's with boots...too cute. I can't wait to see what you come up with. xo

    ReplyDelete
  9. I can't wait to see how the quilt turns out Kate! And thank you, thank you, thank you to everyone who left such nice comments about my fabrics!
    --laurie

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment! I try to respond but life sometimes gets in the way. If you have any questions please email me at kate(at)kateconklindesigns(dot)com