Friday, February 19, 2010

NEWS!

I'm so excited, Torah Bright just won an olympic gold medal on the half-pipe! She's a fellow australian and mormon, and not only that, but she used to date my husband's cousin. We're practically related :) (even though he went on to marry another beautiful girl, and I never actually met Torah in the flesh - but that's beside the point!)

Yesterday's "Stitched with Love" workshop went really well. There was 6 of us and I was surprised how quickly everyone worked. They made one each in less than 2 hours. There are another 5 cut up and ready to be put together by some others that couldn't make it yesterday. So thanks to everyone who is getting involved. And a special mention goes to my sister, Amelia, who made 5 blankets on the weekend. She's such a loving thoughtful person. I'll show you some pictures when I get them (my camera was missing the card when I went to take photos).

And guess what ... today my quilts are hanging at the Newcastle craft expo!! That's big for me. Material Girls Down Under are showing them off and have kits to go with the patterns. I'm heading up there tomorrow and can't wait to see them on the wall. I'm looking forward to all the other bits of inspiration that will get the creative juices flowing (not that I don't already have a bunch of quilt patterns in my head and bundles of fabric ready to go). This time I'm taking guilt free money, because its not indulgent, its a business expense (hehe).

On yet another note, have a look to see what Joan from Wishes True and Kind is doing with the "Fairy Hearts" pattern. I love it. The fussy cut hearts are just gorgeous and the borders bring it all together so well.

And Cindy from Live a Colorful Life said some nice things about Australian designers. Thanks heaps!

Have a great weekend!

6 comments:

  1. Hi Kate
    Joan has certainly done a lovely job with the fairy hearts and the comments made by Sindy are well deserved.
    hugs, Sharon
    PS I am a big fan of Saffron's as well :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm a huge fan of you, and of all Australian quilters and fabric designers! You constantly inspire me. thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Katie
    That Torah Bright final was a killer. Why, oh why, did she have to crash on the first run? I was nearly having a heart attack during her second run. Good on Torah the Soarer!
    Love your blog even though most of the time I just lurk.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on having your work displayed at the craft expo! That is very exciting (wish I could go)! Thanks for showing my quilt.
    joan

    ReplyDelete
  5. i was so happy she won. she seems like such a great girl! my husband thought she was lds, i totally didn't know that.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations Kate! Will you show up some pictures of your quilts on display? And yes, Joan's quilt is lovely!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment! I try to respond but life sometimes gets in the way. If you have any questions please email me at kateeconklin(at)gmail(dot)com