Thursday, March 11, 2010

Baby boy mini blanky

I went to a baby shower last week and thought it would be nice to give something handmade (along with a couple of other little things). It didn't take long at all to sew up this little blanket.

It has towelling on the back so it can be used as a burp cloth or change mat. I also added some ribbon loops to the side so as he gets older it can be used as a mini blanket for him to snuggle in the car or pram.

I just made it pillow-case style (right sides together, sewing around the edge and leaving a gap to turn it right side out) and top-stitched around the edge. I didn't quilt it as I wanted to keep it as soft as possible. It measures approx 24" square.

This is the first time I have tried stripes and I like the way it turned out. I used left over "Max New" fabric and blue spots and stripes from Spotlight.

6 comments:

  1. Oh, so cute. The baby will love it. So will the mommy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the pegs!!!

    The blanky is great too. My 7 year old has a small wool blanky that is now full of holes. Perhaps I should back it with something.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great idea for a baby. Love the towel for the back.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's great Kate! I really love the stripes and the way you mixed in the polka dot fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Can I put my order in??? Haha.... Hey we need a sewing night... Quick before I have this baby!!!! When u free....... Xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely! Great idea. I'm going to try a stripy quilt now. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment! I try to respond but life sometimes gets in the way. If you have any questions please email me at kateeconklin(at)gmail(dot)com