Monday, March 29, 2010

Heather Ross bike swap anyone?

While I was in Adelaide Amelia and I visited Hettie's Patch. Lorraine stocks all of my patterns and I was so excited to see she'd just completed "There's a Square in There" with lovely bright fabric. I wish I had had my camera with me to snap some pics.  

Anyway, I was just blown away by her store. It was a treasure trove of little goodies. I could have stayed all day! And look what I found tucked away in a corner. Heather Ross' bikes - off the bolt.  I have wanted some of these bikes for a while now. They are my favourite!


And I coudn't go past these little mushrooms too. The fabric feels divine. So soft and silky. I'm hooked. I'd love to get some more in the range to make a quilt. If anyone wants to do a little swap of HR munki munki fabric let me know. I'm happy to swap a fat quarter or equivalent for a pyjama part :)

Sorry, mushroom fabric is gone. Thanks for the interest.

I found some more fabric to add to my owl quilt. I think the blue and brown will tie in nicely, and I'm going to try a splash of red owls and trees. The two squirrel fabrics are from Sprout Design and the owls are from Saffron Craig. Both brilliant Australian designers.


I can't wait to get started on this one.

8 comments:

  1. bikes and mushrooms - what a score ! I am going to take a look and see what kind of munki munki I have .... I'll get back to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I went through what I have .. and if you are interested in dk. green frogs on lily pads, a sleeve of martian or lightning bugs = let me know. I would be willing to trade for a bit of your mushrooms. I live in Canada, so the postage might be a bit much ?? I won't be offended if you want to pass. I actually had a little bit of the bikes (which I had forgotton about - ooops - that's a sign of ridiculous hoarding).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Val,
    Thanks for your interest. A sleeve of martian sounds wonderful! I'm not sure what the lightning bugs fabric looks like. Can you describe it? I'm happy to send to Canada if you're happy to send to Australia.
    This is fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kate... you're always welcome in ouur neck of the woods!!

    http://www.flickr.com/groups/1071084@N25/

    folks will give their right eyes for your mushrooms... let alone anything else you might want! LOL

    XO< Heather

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am going to send you an email with a picture of the fabrics I have ... then you can let me know. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aloha Kate,

    I have some ice cream trucks -pant legs if you'd be interested in swapping for some of the mushrooms.

    Thanks,
    LIsa.

    lmetson(at)wws-ius(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have Heather Ross Mendocino collection - I would love to swap for the bikes!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. While use it when you clean it.. Oil level should be between upper and lower marks. Top up engine oil if required. Check for oil leakage.Bikes Adelaide

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment! I try to respond but life sometimes gets in the way. If you have any questions please email me at kateeconklin(at)gmail(dot)com