Friday, March 19, 2010

Mum's beach quilt

I made this quilt for my mum about a year ago. It was from a kit that I found at Quiltaholics (I didn't design this one). I thought the muted blues and browns (sorry I can't remember the name of the fabric) would go well in my parent's house. They like the beach and I thought it was a very soothing quilt. I also made a very similar quilt for my mother-in-law, Cyndy, and backed it with a lovely soft flannel. Their house overlooks the beach, so it was perfect (I even made some matching cushions).







I hand quilted around the shells and squares in blue and brown. Hand quilting gives it a lovely soft drape.

I called into Quiltaholics last week when I was in Adelaide and saw that Cheryl had a fresh order of similar (but different) beach themed fabric that I think she's planning on making into kits. I can't wait to see what she puts together.

1 comment:

  1. how lovely!
    i really should make my mom and sisters a quilt.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment! I try to respond but life sometimes gets in the way. If you have any questions please email me at kateeconklin(at)gmail(dot)com