Monday, March 1, 2010

Sock Monkeys

Thanks to everyone who commented on my last post (except for the last comment) I really do appreciate your opinions. Alright alright, Todd was right (and yes, I do hate it when that happens), I'll add the white. I have to admit, Todd does put up with my constant chatter about quilting and I do value his opinion (sometimes), so I'm pretty lucky I suppose. I must say, his interest in quilting has increased since I started selling patterns - funny that.

I had a go of making that sock monkey, and here's the reason I stick to quilting.

He's a bit lumpy and bumpy and his arms stick out like he's an aeroplane, but Sarah and I made him together, and we had fun dressing him up (maybe its a she).

Here's Sarah, all ready for church jumping on the bed with monkey.

He only took a couple of hours to make and he's very huggable. Although 2 minutes later he was lying on the floor face down with the rest of the toys.

I love that little red bottom.

And I adore that gorgeous little girl.

2 comments:

  1. I don't see how he could be any cuter or be adored any more (the sock monkey -- not your overly clever husband ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kate,

    Just had to check out that last comment...men LOL...mind maybe you should get him to put his stitching skills to the test LOL

    He obviously admire your skills :)
    The sock monkey is cute.

    Hugs, Sharon

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment! I try to respond but life sometimes gets in the way. If you have any questions please email me at kateeconklin(at)gmail(dot)com