Monday, April 26, 2010

Can I squeeze one more thing in before they get here?

Finish quilt top - check.
Cook pulla (a Finnish sweet yeast bread) with the kids - check.
Bundle up "Stitched with Love" kits - check.

Little fire in the backyard ready to go for tonght - check. (It really is small - the chickens are little).
Pulla ready to be devoured - check.
New post before friends arrive for an afternoon of fun - check!
Now I can relax (after I've taken the wet towel off my head, whoops, I think they're here).

4 comments:

  1. Are you cooking your chickens on the fire? :)
    I made pulla on Friday night when Ellen came over. Yum.
    Sounds like you had a good day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always loved it when your Mum made Pulla. I would love to get the recipe from you one day. Enjoy your chickens.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like you had a busy day, but I hope you had a relaxing, enjoyable evening. There's not much better than pulla and a fire. I can't wait to see you quilt top.
    X Amelia

    ReplyDelete
  4. The chickens were scrumptious thanks Rebecca! Hehe no, we couldn't do that to speckles! We had a wonderful day. We went to the beach and then had a bbq and then had a warm milo and pulla by the fire while the kids played an impromptu marching band around us. And then Todd bought a monster truck off ebay!! I'll tell you about that later. Todd's driving it back from Queensland this week.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment! I try to respond but life sometimes gets in the way. If you have any questions please email me at kateeconklin(at)gmail(dot)com