Monday, April 19, 2010

Don't you just love fabric mail

It has been so exciting coming home to fabric in the mail almost every day this week. I have to remind myself to kiss the husband and kids before diving into the mail.

Saffron Craig's brand new collection arrived! - Forest Elementals. So rich and luscious. I have had a design ready to go for these fabrics for a little while, so its wonderful to have them in my hot little hands. Now to make that first cut...


I couldn't go past these little girls from Shannon Lamden (AKA Aunty Cookie), another Australian designer. So cute! 


And last but not least, I've been doin' some swappin' of Heather Ross fabrics and its been sooo much fun. The mail man sure has been good to me this week.


Its been especially exciting receiving packages from quilty bloggers who inspired me to start my own quilty blog in the first place, such as Nettie from a quilt is nice and Ashley from Film in the Fridge. Thanks also Val, Virginia, and Robin for 'helping' my growing addiction of Heather Ross fabric!

10 comments:

  1. YUM! That is some delicious fabric mail you've received this week! I'm so excited that Saffron's put out some purple prints, I must have them! Can't wait to see what you make with them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. YES...fabric mail is the best kind :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabric mail is like therapy. And Saffron's fabric is so great. I have been waiting to buy it, but since you have a plan maybe I better place my order now so I have it ready to go!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh yes, that is the best kind of mail! Everything looks so nice and I can't wait to see how you use it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. YUMMO.. Kate those fabrics look DIVINE! cant wait to see your creation..

    Ally
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those are some yummy photos!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I LOVE fabric mail! It feels like such a long time since I received any. Andre and I have a deal going, for every week that I don't eat chocolate or other sweets I can buy a certain amount of fabric and I have just completed the first week. Very hard but it will be worth it when the fabric arrives in the mail.
    What a great stash of Heather Ross. Can't wait to see what you make with all of that fabric. Love all the photos.
    X Amelia

    ReplyDelete
  8. Milla, what a fantastic idea, I may have to have a chat to Neil about that one :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. what great fabrics! I'm so happy we could swap - can't wait to see what you do with all that Heather Ross goodness!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment! I try to respond but life sometimes gets in the way. If you have any questions please email me at kate(at)kateconklindesigns(dot)com