Friday, April 23, 2010

Mark asked me to share this with you

Dear Kate,
Thank you for the beautiful quilt. Your mother Christina passed it on to me. The quilt is a wonderful tribute and a vibrant reminder of Shauna. To think it is made from the dress she wore on our first date 35 years ago gives me ‘goose bumps’. I am deeply moved each day when I see it draped over my lounge. It reminds me of my beloved eternal companion. Her smiling, cheerful and loving countenance is reflected in the quilts design and visual impact. It wonderfully captures her style, energy and character as a very caring, dedicated mother
and grandma happily sharing her wisdom and knowledge. The quilt will be used often to keep us and Caleb emotionally connected and physically warm. We want Shauna nearby. The quilt's exactness of design urges me, as Shauna did, to be a better person. I miss her terribly but it helps lessen the pain of separation. The squares remind me of the gospel of Christ especially obediance and faith. I marvel at the range of colours, the stitching, the time and effort taken and the loving touch and creativity that has gone into making the quilt. It will be greatly cherished. Deepest thanks. Mark Rice


Thankyou so much Mark. Shauna was amazing and will be greatly missed.
Thanks for all the lovely comments from family and friends on the original post.

9 comments:

  1. Lump in my throat & fighting back tears - I'm speechless - You are an amazing women and I'm soooo proud of you. Big, Big Hug - love you. xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a fantastic letter to receive & a wonderful reminder of what your work means to others. Love you

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kate, you did a beautiful job! And from Mark's letter, it is obvious that you have really touched him with your quilt and that he will cherish it forever.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much for sharing such a deeply touching letter. Quilts, because of the love that goes into making them, have such a power to comfort.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you so much for sharing. I love your quilts...it is simple and easy with a modern touch.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so wonderful! Thank you Kate for sharing your talent and this special story. We all love Shauna and this is a great way of expressing love and providing comfort.. (Michelle Bennallack)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Kate: What a lovely`tribute. You are a special girl. Love you...A/Di

    ReplyDelete
  8. Amazing talent celebrated.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment! I try to respond but life sometimes gets in the way. If you have any questions please email me at kate(at)kateconklindesigns(dot)com