Saturday, May 15, 2010

More Mail

Firstly, thank you so much for all the lovely comments you left about "Sierra's Forest". It means so much to me. I've decided I'd like to share more of my creative process, so I'll put together a post soon that outlines the sketches and thoughts that brought me to the finished product (it was a bit of a journey).

I've had these absolutely adorable donkey and boots fabric from Laurie Wisbrun for a while, and I've finally ordered some kona cotton solids from the States and they arrived this week from Kerri at Sew Deerly Loved. Such lovely colours (aqua, coal, chereuse, buttercup, bright pink) - now I know what everyone's been going on about. I've already cut into it them and am thouroughly enjoying working with these fabric - something wonky and fun. I'll share soon... promise.

I also purchased some of these lovely moleskin notebooks from Laurie Wisbrun in my favourite designs. Not only do they look great, they are beautifully bound with old fashion stitching (not staples).

 This one for my mum.


This one for my mother-in-law.


 This one for me. Think how much more creative my designs will be when I'm sketching in this...

I bought these new Rural Jardin fabrics at Blueberries (they have the whole range and are soooo helpful). This is for a quilt that will be showing at the Sydney Craft and Quilt Fair next month.


Also, I'm looking forward to joining in the Sew Mama Sew! May Giveaway Day this year, so come back Monday and throw your hat in for a chance to win a little something. I know I'll be doing the rounds.

5 comments:

  1. I absolutely adore Laurie Wisbrun's fabrics!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Laurie's fabric as well. And I'm so excited because she is sending a package of selvages so I can use them in pincushions for my new etsy shop. SOOO excited!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, great a new fabric designer to obsess about. I love the wellies fabric. Going directly to her etsy shop.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Kate, what a Sweet Giveaway!
    This is different: a bluebird flew down our chimney and was waiting behind the glass doors for me this morning! (Yes, he's free now.)

    Thanks for sharing!
    Love your Blog,love,Linda
    jldouglas@wispwest.net

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment! I try to respond but life sometimes gets in the way. If you have any questions please email me at kateeconklin(at)gmail(dot)com