Saturday, May 29, 2010

This quilt makes me happy

There's something about Laurie Wisbrun's Donkey and Boots fabric that just makes me happy. Its been an absolute delight putting this quilt together.  I'm not far off finishing, so I'm going to put the kids to bed and finish off the hand quilting while watching Eurovision song contest. It just doesn't get better than that!

Aren't those perle cotton colours just delicious - bought them from The Crewel Gobelin, they stock every colour!
The Back - Yes, that's right I finished the binding before I finished the quilting - I just couldn't wait.


Hope you're having a lovely weekend.

12 comments:

  1. Love the colors! Those perle cottons look yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Who wouldn't be made happy by those colors? Great quilt!!

    Blessings,

    KT

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like Laurie's fabrics with the solids! It really showcases her fun designs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderfully whimsical quilt. Such great colourful threads! Makes me happy, happy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE it! I have some of this donkey and wellie fabric and I have been waiting to get inspiration on what to do with it. I love it and just haven't found the right design yet. I love how you've paired it with the bright solids. What a happy quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh, i love it!! i've been wanting to get some of the donkey in boots. might need to now after see this. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I so heart this fabric and your quilt design showcases it fabulously! awesome! can't wait for you to completely finish so we can get a good view! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's so pretty Kate! I really need to get myself some of this fabric, it's just so cheery!

    ReplyDelete
  9. adorable quilt Kate! love those wellies and those donkey! thanks so much for hosting a pattern giveaway at joan's blog. joan's blog is how i found your blog a few months ago! great work.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I adore this quilt! I want to get my hands on some of those donkeys!
    Jaclyn

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm a brand new follower and am already in love! I made a top almost a year ago and have never figured out how to quilt it. But, I have a huge pile of perle's so I think I just found my answer! Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am so in love with this quilt! The hand quilting is FANTASTIC!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment! I try to respond but life sometimes gets in the way. If you have any questions please email me at kateeconklin(at)gmail(dot)com