Friday, June 25, 2010

Sydney Quilt Show

I attended the Central Coast Modern Quilting Guild last night with my sister Ellen and had a wonderful evening, but I'll tell you about that later. First I need to show you some of my goodies from the Sydney Quilt Show. Becky, Saffron and I had a fabulous day browsing the stalls, discovering great fabric and talking to some lovely people (too many to mention).

I just couldn't resist these wonderful fabric scraps from Prints Charming. My dream would be to do a fabric printing workshop at their studio. I think they're booked out for this year. Maybe next year ... hint hint Todd (birthday present?)


Saffron's Fields range remains a firm favourite of mine. I found this beautiful egyptian cotton thread from WonderFil Threads (I think its Tutti Carnation) for some hand quilting on a soft baby quilt I have planned. I'm going out on a limb and trying something other than perle cotton.


Patchwork on Central Park had a few fat quarters of this Heather ross cutie on cotton (not flannel) amongst others!


They also had this Nano IRO fabric (sorry don't know the name). It is incredibly soft, both the fabric and the colours, and I'm looking forward to trying this with Toni Coward's (from Make It Perfect) Shearwater Katfan pattern that I bought from Kelani Fabrics (not sure how I'll go with something that's not a quilt - eek).


Kelani also had a huge range of Japanese fabrics that were so cute. I spent way too long choosing my favourite for a dress for Sarah, and finally settled on apples on pink (at closing time).


There are just too many gorgeous things to show, but I'll leave you with this interesting grey fabric that I'd never seen before. It is a hand dyed solid from Gees Bends. It has lovely inconsistencies in the colour (its hard to capture in the photo). Sorry, I can't remember who I purchased this from. If you know, leave a comment, as they have lots of other wonderful colours that I might like to get my hands on.


All in all a day very well spent!

9 comments:

  1. you got some really amazing fabric!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wish I could have come too. Looks like you had a great day and got some lovely fabric etc. Can't wait to see what you make.
    XO Amelia

    ReplyDelete
  3. aaak! my heart skipped a beat at those print's charming prints!!! Oooohhh... how i hope they print them in the states!! :) you're one lucky duck darlin!!

    xo, Heather

    ReplyDelete
  4. ooohhh...lovely fabrics!

    i want to do a prints charming fabric printing course too sometime. have just ordered their new book and am eagerly awaiting its arrival!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lots of gorgeous fabric - I've been looking for the shearwater pattern for a while (seems to be sold out in the UK!!!) I shall be interested to see how you get on with it

    Gill

    ReplyDelete
  6. ahh yes kate... def a day well spent and "spend" we did!!
    i dont know how to reply to people leaving comments!!
    so im being the ettiquite blogger and replying on your page! love you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What scrumptious fabric you chose!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gosh, what a lovely stash to bring home - well done!! I love the Prints Charming fabrics. Went to a stitching workshop with the Prints Charming girls in Canberra a few weeks ago and they also did a quick demo of their screen printing technique - so much fun. I would love to do one of their printing classes too. Congrats on your cover! Danielle

    ReplyDelete
  9. Haha - too funny. Did you know Toni Coward is my cousin?? Do you guys know each other??

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment! I try to respond but life sometimes gets in the way. If you have any questions please email me at kateeconklin(at)gmail(dot)com