Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Wonderful photos

... make all the difference. Deborah from Down Under Quilts magazine sent me this photo of my quilt today. What beautiful photography! It actually makes my quilt look good.... I really should take some photography lessons.

"Gathered In" quilt.  Photo courtesy of Down Under Quilts
 I thought I'd share a couple more photos while I'm on the subject. Last weekend as I was snuggled up quilting my "Wonky Donkey" quilt my husband was trying out his new toy on the sand dunes. No, this is not a remote control car, this is said husband launching his jeep 10 feet into the air. We've all got to have a hobby right? Glad he came back in one piece! And the car too.

Photo coutesy of one of Todd's crazy four wheel driving buddies
 Last but not least, here's our beloved Chloe (miniature labradoodle) wishing a couple of blogging friends a very happy birthday throughout the month of June.

Pretty ordinary photo of our very cute Chloe. Courtesy of me.
The ever lovely Joan at Wishes True and Kind is having a very 'charming' giveaway over at her blog, so you'll want to check back each week for new developments.

AND

Heather from A La Mode Fabric is throwing the party of all parties over at her place. You wont want to miss out.

Joan and Heather were some of the first to become followers on my blog and leave comments of encouragement that made me want to keep blogging. Thanks girls, you make crafty blog land that much sweeter. So if you haven't already, head over and wish them a happy birthday, and you never know what you might snag in the process :)

7 comments:

  1. Thank you so much, Kate! And thanks for donating to all the birthday fun! Oh, and thanks to Chloe, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kate, I won't show Ewan the picture of Todd, he'll just be jealous - must be a boy thing. I love the look of your site, did you do it yourself? I want to update the look of my food blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kate... you're such a doll!! I can't wait to see you at my B-day party tomorrow!! wink, wink!!

    xo, Heather

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just cam over from Heather, love the quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I subscribe to DUQ digital edition from the USA. Love your cover quilt! Still cannot figure how you cut the little squares out and are able to put them back in considering the seam allowances. Thank you for your giveaway as do enjoy looking at your quilts (now I know that can break some of the rules and bind before completing the hand quilting and can mix hand/machine). I follow your blog. mlwright29 (at) hotmail (dot) com

    ReplyDelete
  6. So glad to have found your website, love your quilts!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow Kate, you are famous! This looks great - very professional and I have to admit, I love your logo ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment! I try to respond but life sometimes gets in the way. If you have any questions please email me at kate(at)kateconklindesigns(dot)com