Wednesday, July 14, 2010

This time its international!

I was thrilled when the latest Australian Patchwork and Quilting magazine appeared in my mailbox. I wasn't expecting it until August so it caught me by surprise, and what a nice surprise!


Yep, that's right - that's my quilt!! I have Saffron from Saffron Craig to thanks for this. She was the one who gave me the confidence to think this might be possible and she even rang the magazine for me! The design is pretty traditional (except for the raw edge applique) but its the fabric that really makes this quilt look modern and fresh I think. Not only does Saffron create the most fabulous fabric (I used her Fantastic Fairies and Fields range for this quilt) but she is such a warm genuine person who has become a wonderful friend.


The magazine staff were great to work with and did a wonderful job of showcasing my quilt. I wish I could take photos showing my whole quilt the way they can. I'm sure they didn't pin this to a washing line or hang it in a tree to take the photo below!


I want to make mention of a couple of friends, Joan and Kaye, who were my pattern proof readers/testers. Thanks guys for picking up some pretty important errors - helping me avoid an oops moment!


So go grab your copy - it will be hitting shelves in the next couple of days and I'm pretty sure this magazine goes international!




And if you're interested in a baby sized version or this pieced back you can grab the pattern here. Saffron Craig has kits for both sizes here.

22 comments:

  1. Congratulations! That is super exciting! Great photos of your lovely quilt, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations Kate on a wonderful project. I hope I'll be able to find it here in the US.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How exciting! Congratulations on having another quilt published.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I got my copy today and I love it!
    XOXO Amelia

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's such a gorgeous quilt Kate, and Saffron's design are wonderful. Congrats on the feature - how exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is super exciting! Congratulations!!

    Jennifer :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW That is a beautiful quilt! It is no wonder they published it. Lovely and the fabrics rock too! Congrats :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oooh, Kate, gorgeous!! I'll have to look for it here in the States.....

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations Kate! Yay - so excited for you and thanks for the mention!

    ReplyDelete
  10. congratulations! I look forward to the mag arriving in Canada - it usually takes a few months for us to get it. Your quilt is very sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous! The hand quilting really makes it for me.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your famous!! Looks great! I'll go get a copy! Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous! Congratulations...a very cute quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congratulations Kate, it's so very exciting. I love the quilt and the hand quilting detail looks beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Exciting! Congrats on being published.

    ReplyDelete
  16. oooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhhh I'm going to get a copy as that is gorgeous! I just adore love hearts and that is so pretty!!!!!

    well done!!!!!!!! I was in notebook this month and it is oh so exciting to see your work in print!

    looks beautiful
    Corrie;)

    ReplyDelete
  17. You must be so excited! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  18. So pretty! Congrats on being published (again)!

    ReplyDelete
  19. It is a beautiful quilt. I will be looking for it at the newsagency. Congratulations.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Congratulations!! Thank you for the perfect excuse to indulge in another magazine purchase :)

    I am just finishing your "Gathered in" so I'll be needing another project. Great timing!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Yippee for you and well it is really good for me to. You are a talent! X X

    ReplyDelete
  22. Wow !! You really are taking the world by storm. Congrats & Well Done. We'll have to celebrate at the Guild. See ya there

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment! I try to respond but life sometimes gets in the way. If you have any questions please email me at kate(at)kateconklindesigns(dot)com