Wednesday, September 15, 2010

More of your quilts

As promised, here's some more spectacular quilts using my patterns. I love how they've used the patterns as a guide and improved upon them. You can click on each photo to see more of their work.

First up, Lisa has combined my latest pattern, Sea Views, with Castle Peeps fabric to create this stunner - "Castle Views"! Her curved piecing looks great and I think it shows off the fabric beautifully. Did you notice how she included an unpieced block to feature those cute castles?



Here's another of Lisa's creations. The name she gave for this quilt using my Wonky Donkey pattern just cracks me up. "Wonky donkey with no wonk and no donk" - isn't that fantastic! And isn't her quilt fantastic too? I love that Lisa's really run with this pattern and made it her own. I can't wait to see both of these quilt tops quilted.



Tobey also used Wonky Donkey as the basis for this quilt for her son (who is a musician). The funky jazz fabric and darker colour scheme are finished off with a keyboard binding - just perfect for a guy!


And here's another beauty from Lisa using "There's a Square in There" and Joel Dewberry's Modern Meadow fabric. She used luxurious shot cottons for the random solid strips and quilted this with connecting rectangles - must have taken ages. This is one I'd love to see in the flesh!


How cute is Julie's baby quilt ... and those borders are wonderful! Julie told me that she's in the middle of making a king sized version and still loving creating all of those blocks. I think I'd like to make a bed sized version myself (but then send it away to be quilted).


Amber used the same pattern (There's a Square in There) and some much covetted Heather Ross gnomes and buses fabric to create this adorable quilt for the modern baby! The thick dotted border really adds to it, as does the amazing quilting.


You can see a couple more inspiring examples of quilts using "There's a Square in There" here and here.

Thanks again to everyone who allowed me use their pictures! I suppose one day I'll get organised and start a flickr group to make it a bit easier to share...but in the mean time keep sending me those pics.

Original patterns can be found on my Downloadable Patterns page.

8 comments:

  1. So many beautiful quilts, and such great use of color! I keep scrolling up and down, but can't pick a favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  2. no wonk, no donk. That's priceless!

    ReplyDelete
  3. They are great! thanks for sharing them with us. I especially like the meadowsweet square in there. As I am planning to do mine in blues and creams, it is nice to see this colourway.

    ReplyDelete
  4. They are all so wonderful, but I think my favourite may be the modern meadow "There's a Square in There". I vote for you starting a flickr group when you are feeling up to it. XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great quilts...you must be thrilled & very flattered!

    ReplyDelete
  6. it is so fun to see how different a pattern can look just by changing the fabrics...all of these are beautiful, but i really love the first

    ReplyDelete
  7. They are all absolulely gorgeous, love the squares in there with the Heather Ross . . . and the "castle views," too pretty!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment! I try to respond but life sometimes gets in the way. If you have any questions please email me at kateeconklin(at)gmail(dot)com