Thursday, September 23, 2010

Stitch 'n' Bits

Isn't that just the cutest name for a blog - Stitch 'n' Bits - I wish I'd thought of it! My sister Amelia has FINALLY started a blog... she probably just got sick of my nagging! Amelia is a really talented quilter and crafter. While I've stuck mainly to quilts she's branched out to all sorts of things such as bags and aprons and toys, which she's generously given away. She's also kindly tested and proof read a number of my patterns and written a tonne of encouraging comments on my blog. Love you Meelie!

Here's just a couple of things she's made for my family:

Now if this cute little apron doesn't get me in the mood for some cooking and cleaning, nothing will :)


This is by far the cutest back pack I've ever seen! And just look at those perfectly even stitches.


Great fabric for a dragon don't you think?


Amelia and I live in different states so its really exciting to be able to SEE her work now, not just hear a description over the phone. She's got a bit of catching up to do ... and I'm looking forward to seeing all of the projects she's been working on over the last year or so. You can catch her over at Stitch 'n' Bits too.

11 comments:

  1. i love love love that mushroom backpack

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey you should get a commission from Blogspot with all the people you keep encouraging to join.
    She is certainly very talented just like her sister.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to see you are sharing the family talent!! Off to visit Amelia's :)
    PS - Hope your feeling GREAT!?!

    ReplyDelete
  4. teehee, dragon ricrac scales! That's the best!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ah the talent of you guys. I wish I had a talent to showcase on my blog. I love how connected we all feel via blogs. love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous gorgeous blog!

    I love it!

    Please visit mine sometime:

    http://www.greenpicklesblog.co.uk

    Love from
    Aimee
    x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Amelia's blog looks great! You have a talented family!

    ReplyDelete
  8. We always knew how good she was, I'm so glad that everyone else gets to see it now too!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks so much Katie!! You've been so supportive and a huge inspiration to me, love you heaps XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  10. You definitely have a talented family! That apron is so cute. WHAT is that fabric line? I.love.it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Kate,
    \Your sister is very talented too :)
    Hugs, Sharon

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment! I try to respond but life sometimes gets in the way. If you have any questions please email me at kateeconklin(at)gmail(dot)com