Saturday, September 11, 2010

Your quilts, my patterns

Recently a few people have contacted me to show me what they've made using my patterns. I have to say it is such a thrill to see my patterns come to life! Thank you so much - I've been really blown away by your beautiful work! Its also so good to know that my patterns make sense and people are enjoying using them. The following people have been kind enough to let me borrow their photos to do a bit of a show and tell. If you click on the photos you can see more of their lovely work.

Sharon used "Dandelion Windows" to create "Dolce Windows". Aren't those fabrics just gorgeous, and I love the solids she's paired with it!


Cardygirl used "Pine for You" to make this really cute Christmas quilt. She combined Fruitcake with some Figgy Pudding for this scruptious result. I can't wait to see it quilted!


Katie created this beauty using "Charm Bracelets". Isn't it gorgeous! The combination of the blue and grey is just perfect.


And Tobey (no website as yet) adapted the pattern beautifully to make a baby sized quilt, perfect for a little boy. Love that straight line quilting!


I was blown away by Jennifer's "Bohemian Forest" quilt, such a fresh take on "Sierra's Forest". Its amazing how different fabric choices can make such a huge difference in the overall look of a quilt. And the quilting she used it really interesting - a wood grain pattern.


If you're interested in seeing the original pattern for any of these quilts, you can find them on my Downloadable Patterns page. If you've tried any of my patterns, please let me know, as I just love seeing pictures!

Coming soon - some quilts using "Wonky Donkey", "There's a Square in There" and "Sea Veiws"!

13 comments:

  1. All of these quilts look so fantastic! Proves that the patterns work and that they look great no matter what fabric is used :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. These look great. Your patterns are great Kate.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh they're so lovely! I'm saving this post to remind me to make "Bird Windows" for my Bug!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Kate, they look amazing!! Must be so rewarding!! Im excited for that day! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kate, Thanks so much for showing my quilt. It's so exciting to see it on your blog! Love your patterns and looking forward to making more. Thanks again.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Kate,
    How wonderful...they are all beautifully done.
    Hugs, Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great to see all of these creations...now to do some quilting!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those are all so lovely! I can't wait to make my charm bracelets quilt at retreat in November.

    ReplyDelete
  10. These quilts are all so pretty! It's fun to see your patterns in different fabrics. Thanks for including my quilt!

    Jennifer :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. how rewarding is that!! you must be as proud as punch :) I love the Dolce windows ... ps I cant wait to see you and cuddle your little crew ASAP! :) xo

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great inspiration! Makes me want to sew when I should be in bed already! Tobey is a friend of mine from work. We used to work together everyday and talk quilting, but in July I moved to a different site, so apparently now I have to see her work on your blog -- L)L. I really miss working next to a quilter everyday!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Kate.

    I love your quilts and the new skittles one is great... my favourite childhood game was to use an old blanket put it over the to beds and pretend it was a cubby house. My brother and I would do this for hours... I guess not really a game though a whole lot of fun

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment! I try to respond but life sometimes gets in the way. If you have any questions please email me at kateeconklin(at)gmail(dot)com