Using a stack and slash method meant it didn't use any templates and was super quick to put together. I love how it turned out and am keen to make a bigger sized one.
As always I'm undecided on how to quilt this. Some of the options I've tossed up so far are:
- machine quilting in an all over loopy design
- machine quilting in horizontal straight lines and then hand quilting in between each line
- machine quilting in horizontal wavy lines and then echo quilting each line with hand quilting
- echo quilting the top and bottom jagged edge of each row (on the white) with hand quilting
- white or pale pink thread (or deep purple if echo quilting across the jagged edge)
- using a flannel back or pieced back (although both of these options would make it a little harder/thicker to hand quilt through)
What I'd really appreciate help with is what to name this quilt - any ideas?
Addit: My initial ideas for names are "Rocky Road" and "Thicket"