Monday, October 25, 2010

Skittles - winners

Thanks so all of the lovely comments about my quilt! It was so much fun to read all of your comments and remember so many of my childhood games. One of my favourite games was 'single mothers', where we looked after our dolls. Having 5 sisters there was always a shortage of 'husbands' around!! I also loved playing libraries where we would pretend to borrow books from our bookcase (sounds thrilling doesn't it!) We also spent hours on our grass tennis court playing 'wilderness', surviving on whatever we could pick from the fruit trees or veggie patch. It was wonderful growing up in a big family (except when we were bickering, which was pretty often - my poor mother!)

The winner of my 'Skittles' pattern and this gorgeous bundle of Saffron Craig's fabrics is

No 97 NancyinSTL Congratulations! Send me your address and I'll get these right off to you.


And the winners of the two pdf patterns are 116 MissM and 131 Jeannette. I'll email the pattern out to you tomorrow. Thanks so much for playing everyone.

By the way, the pattern's now available on my downloadable patterns page. It includes instructions for a throw size as well as baby size quilt. Kits are available from Saffron Craig, but this colourway has almost sold out, so you'll need to be quick. You can also get kits in the new indigo colourway.

Here's a sneak peak of my quilt for Blogger's Quilt Festival coming up in a few days. Do you have your quilt ready?


9 comments:

  1. I love the quilting you did on this top! The wavy lines are a nice contrast to the straight lines of the rectangles.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your quilting is beautiful! Congrats on the new pattern!

    Jennifer :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The new pattern looks amazing Kate!! xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the quilting on this one Kate! And yes, I do have my quilt already ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haha - single mothers! that cracks me up!!!

    love the new quilt :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks so much! I just sent an e-mail to you providing my home address.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love reading your blog Kate, you just radiate happiness.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Kate,
    I'm on Cloud 9! My fabric and Skittles quilt pattern arrived in the mail today, Wednesday, Nov. 3. Actually, that was a lot faster than I expected.

    The fabrics are way more beautiful in person than online. I love the color combination and would be hard pressed to choose which fabric is my favorite.

    I'll be sure to post a photo for you of what I create with your pattern and fabrics.

    Again, thanks so much!

    NancyinSTL

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment! I try to respond but life sometimes gets in the way. If you have any questions please email me at kate(at)kateconklindesigns(dot)com