Thursday, November 25, 2010

That Girl ... Quilt Along

I'm so late on the quilt along hosted by Jennifer at That Girl... That Quilt that its getting ridiculous, so I thought I had better show you where I'm up to before the whole thing finishes.  I'm just making a baby sized quilt so it wont take me long to catch up. This is my first quilt along and ofcourse I couldn't just follow the directions like a normal person, I had to change it up a little. I liked the white bordering the fussy cut fabrics, but some of the fabrics were mainly white so I added a thin border of Kona Cotton Ash first. I was going to go with Kona Cotton Pink for the background fabric, but when it arrived it looked a little peachy, so I went with peony instead. I didn't have enough .... yada yada yada... so it might take a little longer for the fabric to arrive before I can finish.


Its going to be very pink, but there's lots of blues in the Heather Ross prints so I think it will balance out nicely.

Thanks to everyone who commented on my last post about choosing a sewing machine. It was so helpful. I'm getting a new machine as a Christmas present and am very excited about it. Its kind of fun waiting for something so cool. I'll let you know what I chose when it arrives!

12 comments:

  1. Gosh, Kate, that's so pretty - I love the pink, white and ash together with those prints!! And I'm really curious about which machine you get - I'm looking at a new one myself and it's nerve wracking making such a big decision!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kate, your quilt is looking so great...love the grey and pink as much as I thought that I would. Are you going to go "wonky"?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your blocks look great! Way to make it your own and add the Ash. Fun fun!

    I had the same problem - ordered Pond, too Seafoamy - reordered Robin's Egg. Ahh. Much better! And got one of those color cards too - to try and fix these little mishaps!

    Can't wait to see everything together!

    AnneMarie @ Gen X Quilters

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mmmm! Love that Heather Ross and Kona. I have many of the HR fabrics and I'm so hesitant to use them up. So silly!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sory, my brain isn't working - "It is going to look great!"

    ReplyDelete
  6. These blocks are looking lovely, so delicate and pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooh that pink is so pretty, just perfect for a precious little girl!
    Sorry I couldn't give any advice on your last post. All I can say is that you DESERVE a new machine :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cute, CUTE! The ash really sets the blocks off well. This is going to be such a cute quilt!

    Jennifer :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's going to be the prettiest babyquilt! Love the pink and cream around the fussycuts.

    ReplyDelete
  10. good call on the peony, it is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment! I try to respond but life sometimes gets in the way. If you have any questions please email me at kateeconklin(at)gmail(dot)com