Saturday, December 18, 2010

And the winner is...

number 240 - Brigette Joy who said "I like the nursery fabric. Names I like, Lily, Pheobe, Rose, Daisy, Gloria, Celeste, and Fern. I just really like girls names."
Congratulations! I'll be in touch.

Thanks everyone, for all of the wonderful baby name suggestions. It opened my eyes to a few names that are beautiful that I hadn't considered before. I wont decide on a name before the she is born, but I'll have a few lovely ones up my sleeve. I thought Dane was going to be Nate, but when he arrived we knew he was Dane. I suppose I should think of some boy names too just in case the ultrasound was wrong (I have a couple of close friends that that happened to!)

Thank you too for all of your kind words about my quilts. The new pattern will be available some time in January after all of the family celebrations wind up and I have a moment to sit down at the computer.

On another note, I finally got around to finishing a few little baby blankets and sent them off to the Neonatal Nursery at John Hunter Hospital. I'm grateful to all of the women and young women at church who made  these 23 soft little blankets.  It was a project that became very real indeed with the passing of baby Chase. I'm not sure whether these blankets will make a difference in such tragic circumstances, but what I do know is that they were made with much love.

8 comments:

  1. Congratulations to Brigette Joy and what a nice giveaway!

    Merry Christmas!!!!

    Gale

    ReplyDelete
  2. All those blankets stiched with love do make a difference. When our grandson passed away at three days, I know that my son and daughter-in-law were very touched at receiving a similar blanket, even if it was just something to hold on to and shed a few more tears.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those blankets will definitely make a difference. It's the thought that somewhere out there, someone took the time, not only to make the blanket, but also that the blanket was made with love.

    A most kind and beautiful gesture.

    Angela Mitchell xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. How very lovely of you to make the time to make these blanket where you have so much to do and so little time yourself. I know they will be cherish by the families who receive them who can see how much love you have sewn into each one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh so beautiful, I'm crying after reading Chase's story. They will be treasured I'm sure!

    corrie:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have done a fantastic job. I’ll definitely digg it and personally suggest to my friends. I’m confident they will be benefited from this website.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations to the lucky winner.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hope you'll be able to choose the most beautiful name for your baby. And I love your quilts too.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment! I try to respond but life sometimes gets in the way. If you have any questions please email me at kateeconklin(at)gmail(dot)com