Thursday, January 6, 2011

Fabulous Fabric Finds

I hope you have been enjoying your holidays. Christmas and New Year have been both wonderful and stressful for me. I loved celebrating Christmas with  family, spending our days lazing around the pool and at the beach, playing games, hiking, visiting Taronga Zoo, talking and laughing together.


But in amongst all the celebrations there's been packing, cleaning and teary goodbyes as we moved house. Not fun... but made bearable by all of my amazing family (on both Todd's and my side) who put in long hours to help.


It's exhasting work, especially when you're 6 months pregnant.  I haven't had the time or energy to tell you about some of the little Christmas presents I made, or to celebrate my 1 year blogging anniversary on Christmas Eve, or to do a 2010 wrap up, but I feel like I'm starting to emerge from the boxes and can share a bit with you again.


I snuck in a visit to Hettie's Patch yesterday. Every time I visit this store I seem to find something amazing and this time was no exception. I could hardly believe my eyes! I've been wanting to get my hands on Aneela's Sherbet Pips ever since I first saw it. Apparently its not out until April!


I also picked up these super soft fabrics to make some wraps and bibs for the baby.


I was very excited to receive this fabric from Saffron - her brand new Beetle Bugs range as well as some fabric to make softies. Its just too cruel to have all of this beautiful fabric with no time to sew, but hopefully that will change soon. I have a pattern in mind for these beetley bugs.


Maybe I can sneak in stitching together a couple of softies today while no one is looking.


I bought this fabric just before the move - some of Alexander Henry's June Bug in Tea colourway (available here)...


And my new sister in law, Freja, went all the way to Prints Charming to find this gorgeous little baby mobile kit for me for Christmas.


And last, but by no means least, an online friend, Bec, found these (out of print) Heather Ross spots and stripes fabrics which coordinate with the other Lightening Bug fabrics I have, and generously shared her fabulous find with me. Thanks Bec!


I have lots more to share with you, and am looking forward to reading of your news as I catch up on my blog reading. Hopefully it wont be so long between posts next time.

18 comments:

  1. Pleased to see you had a nice Christmas and that the move has gone smoothly. Those fabrics are just gorgeous - I can't wait to see what you create xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to see im not the only one collecting fabric - they look great. I just bought a whole heap from Fabric worm, pink chalk and fabricdepot.com. With the aussie dollar so good it's hard to resist. Take care and try to relax - hard with kids and family :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck with settling into your new house!

    Am loving your fabric stash and look forward to seeing what you will make with them... eventually :)

    Am also hoping that you will post a photo of Freja and Matt's quilt - I've heard it's beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck with settling into your new house!

    Am loving your fabric stash and look forward to seeing what you will make with them... eventually :)

    Am also hoping that you will post a photo of Freja and Matt's quilt - I've heard it's beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay you did it, moved house, home and state. Phew! Glad to hear you had help.

    Looking forward to visiting Hettie's Patch. The owner and staff are the loveliest ladies! I am sure they are doing back flips knowing you are now a local. He he!
    Thanks for mentioning the Beetle Bugs Kate.
    All the Best for 2011 sure looks as thought it will be a great year.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I missed the fact that you were moving! Are you all away from family now? I hope not too far.

    Lovely fabric acquisitions you've got there, Kate. I hope you will have a chance to get cutting and sewing while settling in and awaiting the arrival of whomever is responsible for that gorgeous bump!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hope you settle into your new home smoothly. In the mean time, I'm envying your Sherbert Pips find - I do so want some of that fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your belly is adorable! I hope you're getting settled and feeling good these days, fabric therapy always seems to help;)Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So glad you now live closer to me and that the move is over for you! I love all those fabric finds ... you know where I'll be at this weekend if we come down ... gotta get me some Sherbert Pips!!
    Loving that baby bump XO

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, Kate, I almost missed all your news because of the gorgeous eye candy in your post! Glad to hear your move went well, and you are starting to settle in. Can't wait to see what you create with all that yummy goodness!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You're so lucky - finding Sherbet Pips AND kerchief girls too! And now aren't you just the cutest pregnant lady in the world?!

    ReplyDelete
  12. That baby bump IS adorable. And what beautiful fabric finds. Especially those HR dots and stripes. I have a couple of those but you have quite the wonderful collection!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy New Year! Love that nativity scene. So happy! Hope the move went well and you are getting settled ok. Don't forget.... you are supposed to be the one with the clipboard.. Take your feet up where you can (this is a dream right? yeah.. thought so... but also a goal!!) as you have to take it easy! Best of luck. xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Dear Kate

    Happy New Year to you.
    I trust the move went smoothly and you will be settled in next to no time. No matter the distance moved it is a tiring exercise for all involved.

    What lovely fabrics and gifts - this baby is going to be a fashionista in the first degree.

    I certainly hope this year is a great one for you and your family.

    Alison:)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Good luck with everything! Your bump looks delightful so exciting! I love all your fabric pics. Please stop by if you get a free minute :-)

    ReplyDelete
  16. We moved house 2 days after Christmas. I'm not pregnant and I found it exhausting so I can just imagine how you feel. Lots of beautiful fabrics!! I was very lucky to find Sherbet Pips under my Christmas tree. it really is so sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi, I just linked in to your site and I have spent a while flicking through, I love your projects- particularly skittles, and I can't wait to try out some of your fussy framed blocks!

    I just wanted to say hi to let you know that I'm reading :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. You look like you are doing well! Moving is never easy I hope you get settled soon.

    Love your fabric finds....esp....the kercheif girls!! I have been wanting those forever...lucky you!

    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment! I try to respond but life sometimes gets in the way. If you have any questions please email me at kate(at)kateconklindesigns(dot)com