Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Queensland flood relief

I heard today that my sister in laws and cousins in Queensland are safe, although hemmed in from the extensive flooding that is now covering much of Queensland and northern New South Wales. Many many others are not so lucky. My heart and prayers go out to the thousands affected, and especially to those who have lost loved ones.

Photobucket

I will be joining with Toni (from Make it Perfect) and many other bloggers to help raise money for those who have lost so much. There will be a master list on Toni's blog of everyone who is running auctions, beginning Monday 17th Jan. Please let her know (by this Friday at the latest) if you would like to auction something on your blog, and she can add your link.

I started on a quilt this afternoon and have been working on it furiously with the hope that it will be finished by Monday, in time for the Auction. All proceeds will go directly to the Queensland Government Flood Relief Appeal. Hopefully we can band together to make a small, but practical difference to those who are in much need at this time.


2 comments:

  1. Hi Kate,
    I live near Caboolture, which is north of Brisbane and experiencing flooding. We have been flooded in all day and I have been glued to the TV, it is just devastating.
    I will be keeping an eye out for your quilt in the auction!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been glued to ninemsn all day while I've been at work, updating the headlines page every five minutes, then glued to the tv when I got home tonight. I had to stop though, I don't think I had any water left in my body as it had all come out in tears. I wish I had a quilt or something to auction off, it's such a great idea. I feel so helpless here in South Australia, but thankful at the same time that I'm here safe with my family.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment! I try to respond but life sometimes gets in the way. If you have any questions please email me at kateeconklin(at)gmail(dot)com