Sunday, January 23, 2011

Quilt Auction and Patterns for Flood Appeal ends Monday 9pm

The cost of clean up and rebuilding after the flooding in Queensland is going to be immense and will take a very long time. Most of us can't be there to personally help with the clean up, but we can give generously to the many auctions and raffles that are going on in our crafting community. There's still time to put in your bid - you can find the master list HERE.

I want to say a heartfelt thankyou to Shari for her amazing bid on my quilt - $500! - I'm stunned at the generosity out there! And thankyou so much to everyone who has bought patterns. We're up to $310 $460 - can we get to $500 in the next 24 hours? $500 raised from the patterns!! Thanks so much!  If you would like to bid on my quilt or buy a pattern, you can find all the details HERE. It will close at 9pm Monday (ACST)  - instead of midnight as previously advertised.

A huge job ahead (Photo Source)

The inspirational Toni and Carli have worked tirelessly over the last 2 weeks organising and promoting the flood appeals, and 4 days ago the total raised was $45,000!! I take my hat off to you girls. I can't wait to see what the grand total is. Although the Auctions will close tomorrow night, most of the raffles will run until midday on Wednesday, so if you missed out on an auction, there'll still be plenty of ways to win something lovely, and give at the same time.

5 comments:

  1. Hi Kate, I can't believe the generosity of everyone. The people donating their handmade goods to the incredible bids that are being received. My Auction finished tonight with a last bid of $160 and I am thrilled. I can't wait to see the grand total. I'd say it's going to be huge.
    Cheers Leanne :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your generosity Kate.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shari's bid is amazing! Wow you're nearing $500 for the patterns too! Great job Katie XO

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on your spectacular part of the fundraising efforts, Kate. I've seen some heartbreaking news footage. It will indeed cost a fortune and take a very long time to recover for so many.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment! I try to respond but life sometimes gets in the way. If you have any questions please email me at kate(at)kateconklindesigns(dot)com