Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Is that a compliment?

The other day a visitor was asking me about my quilting, and I showed him my profile in Australian Homespun magazine. He said "Wow that's a nice photo, is it airbrushed?" "No" I laughed "it was just taken by my husband in the backyard." I didn't tell him it had taken three hours to blow-dry and straighten my hair, paint my toenails and shave my legs (not sure why I did all that for a head shot! - maybe it just made me feel more glamorous). I'm starting to feel big and uncomfortable now. I'm looking forward to getting dressed up for my sister's wedding on the weekend.


Anyway, I just wanted to let you know that fortunately Australian Homespun IS available overseas (sorry for any confusion in my magazine post). It's such a fresh and funky magazine. Let me know if you can't find it, and I can point you in the right direction!

My "Blowing in the Wind" quilts are currently hanging at Hettie's Patch - if you're in the area. I think they have most of the prints available too. I recently enjoyed a visit to Sprout Design as well. They have a fantastic little shop where I just drooled over all of their fabric. I must visit again, minus the two year old. Do any of you go to fabric shops with little children? I find it a little trying to say the least! Thankyou, thankyou, thankyou to those shops that have toys for little ones to play with :) Sometimes they don't want to leave they're having such a great time.

10 comments:

  1. Wow - I'm impressed, Kate! Just got the magazine yesterday - congratulations!
    Hugs - Lurline♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. My favorite quilt shop to go to when my kids were little was one that had a big bucket of buttons. My kids loved going there and playing in the buttons. They didn't want to leave when I was done shopping.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just love that quilt so much. I will look for that magazine here, otherwise you may have to ship it to me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm still deciding which fabrics I'll use, but I can't wait to make this quilt ... I love it!
    P.S. you always look gorgeous! Who was that rude man?

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a charming quilt and what a great choice of fabric! I'm amazed they're not from the same designer. I'm sure the 'rude man' didn't mean anything by it - you know what men can be like. Mouth before brain! I love the look of Australian Homespun, where can I buy a copy in the UK, especially the copy with your feature in?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would take it as a compliment...it is a great picture of you!
    Homespun is a fantastic magazine, I look forward to receiving it each month and I cheered when I knew so many of the designers this month!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Quilt and story look great :) Homespun is a great read. As for the photo........ How Rude!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your magazine profile looks great! And I would have probably done the same kind of crazy prepping for a head shot, I'm sure. I'll have to keep my eyes peeled for Australian Homespun here in the States...if it features you, I'm sure it's a magazine I'd like!

    ReplyDelete
  9. My LQS is Riverlea Quilts (on Unley Rd) and sometimes I have to wait after I'm finished while the staff finish playng with my children. They have toys, and are happy for them to investigate the shop - perfect! And if I dare turn up without my children...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Have a wonderful time at the wedding!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment! I try to respond but life sometimes gets in the way. If you have any questions please email me at kate(at)kateconklindesigns(dot)com