Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Grace is a Single Girl

Grace is the proud owner of her own "Single Girl" quilt. My sister Amelia made this absolutely gorgeous quilt for her out of Prints Charming fabrics and I am officially in LOVE!



It is super soft, with a cotton voile dotty print on the back.


I think it will fit Grace for a while!


I was absolutely blown away by all the effort that would have gone into this quilt. I love this pattern, but don't think I'd have the patience for it. The quilting was even a perfect 1 1/2 inch apart.


And, not only did Amelia make me a quilt, she also made me a baby change mat to match my bag...


 
as well as a couple of cute little bibs - the one on the left is for everyday, and the one on the right is for Sundays - how adorable!!


Grace is one lucky little girl to have such an amazingly talented and generous Aunty! Thanks Meelie (you can see some more pics and info on her blog HERE)!

Better run, Grace has just woken up...

15 comments:

  1. you know what? I'm mightly pleased to be apart of a great, creative family. Yup.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just beautiful gifts for sweet Grace.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A beautiful quilt for a beautiful baby girl!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So Cute Kate.. Im glad your getting time to blog so i can see what your up to! xx Miss you xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. beautiful quilt and other gifts ~ what a generous Auntie!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh those Prints Charming prints are just charming! What wonderful gifts!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such beautiful things for such a beautiful little girl!! She's lucky!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous!! Lucky little lady :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations. I just got one of your quilt patterns and can't wait to try it out. I have some Hope Valley I want to use with it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Well, don't you have the sweetest sister! I love it that she made Grace (and you) such wonderful handmade gifts. The quilt is fantastic and I love the idea of a Sunday bib! Your bag and changing mat are guaranteed to get ooohs and aaaahs at baby group! So stylish!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I want Amelia as a sister/Aunt!! She is amazing! And so are you. Congrats Kate!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow the quilt is just so happy and lovely. So glad you are blogging again Kate. I have missed you. When I read your blog it's like we are in the same room. I would love to give Grace a snuggle. So happy for you.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Pooh and I would like to give you hugs too.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ooh and of course I would like to give you a cuddle as well. Is what I typed but you know spell check!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Fabulous quilt for Grace! And then to get lovely extras too. Lucky bubba & Mumma

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment! I try to respond but life sometimes gets in the way. If you have any questions please email me at kate(at)kateconklindesigns(dot)com