Monday, April 4, 2011

Off the Rails in print

You may have read on Saffron's blog that my "Off the Rails" quilt pattern in the latest Australian Patchwork and Quilting magazine!


If you haven't tried "stack and slash" before, this pattern is really easy, and very forgiving for beginner sewers.


I had some initial reservations about the quilting (you can read more about it on this post), but I'm really happy with how it turned out. You can find my hand quilting tutorial here.

I'm a little late in posting this (sorry), so you might have to act fast if you want to snag yourself a copy.

By the way, I'm going a little 'off the rails' waiting for this baby to arrive (but there's no way I'm trying castor oil!)

5 comments:

  1. I made this over the weekend Kate, but haven't taken a picture yet. Charcoal, white, lemon and a splash of pink - looks great and instructions were easy peasy!!
    These babies have an agenda all of their own - best wishes. Sandy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kate,

    Hang in there...I know its not easy, I've had one eviction (firstborn)and one notice of eviction served before my second decided to come "quietly?" LOL. It'll be worth it in the end.
    Hugs, Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations! The mag layout looks gorgeous.
    All the best wishes for a wonderful birth experience (soon!).

    ReplyDelete
  4. It was so nice to see you pop up in my blogroll this morning! One of our LQS carries this magazine so I'll go check it out. Take care of yourself and Baby Conklin.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment! I try to respond but life sometimes gets in the way. If you have any questions please email me at kateeconklin(at)gmail(dot)com