Friday, May 6, 2011

A present from Saffron

I'm lucky to have such a talented and genuine friend like Saffron. I remember the day well that I first spoke to her on the phone. It was about 18 months ago, and I was talking to her about one of my first patterns - Dandelion Windows - that I made with her beautiful fabric. I was sitting on the back porch. Todd had told me not to sound too eager, that I may come across as a little pathetic if I just gush about her fabric. But ofcourse I couldn't help myself. I tried to sound professional, and like I knew what I was doing - but really I kept thinking - I'm talking to Saffron Craig!. Right from the start we had heaps to chat about, and we quickly became good friends. She has been a great sounding board and has given me such confidence in my work.

I was blown away when this arrived in the post this week. A gorgeous wall hanging for Grace hand made by Saffron with some of her brand new fabric! What a wonderful surprise, and isn't that fabric lovely!


I love the hand-stitched detail in the letters too. I'm going to steal borrow that idea for one of my quilts.


I was just so touched that she took the time to make such a personal and beautiful gift for Grace, as well as a card....


and a scarf.


I miss hanging out since I moved, but I'm looking forward to catching up when I come across for the Darling Harbour Craft and Quilt show in June. I'll be the one wearing a baby. If any of you recognise me, come up and say 'hi'.

7 comments:

  1. They are gorgeous !! great work Saffron and Lucky Grace

    ReplyDelete
  2. You photo of Grace really took me back to when my kids were babies, (now 10, 8 and 5).

    I rarely see photos of babies in bonds suits these days, but all my new babies lived in them round-the-clock for the first few months. Once they were older they became their night time attire.

    She just looks so precious.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH you lucky dog!! The wall hanging is absolutely beautiful and I would just be floored by the thoughtfulness of such a personalized gift.
    I don't know how you could NOT gush about her fabric! She's one of those designers who never disappoints--I'm always awe-struck.
    p.s. and just so you know, I think you're amazingly talented also!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Uh oh. Time to start saving my pennies for her new fabric! What a beautiful and thoughtful gift.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awww, lovely! That wallhanging is so sweet. Beautiful Grace.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Baby Grace is really adorable! Great...

    ReplyDelete
  7. What an incredibly sweet and thoughtful gift!! The quilt is darling. But the baby is GORGEOUS!! Congrats Kate!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment! I try to respond but life sometimes gets in the way. If you have any questions please email me at kate(at)kateconklindesigns(dot)com