Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Followers

I've tried not to be too focused on numbers when it comes to followers. The number of followers a site has doesn't always reflect the talent contained on the blog. I've seen some absolutely amazing blogs that don't have many followers. Also, I think it can sometimes stifle creativity to know that lots of people will be looking at your work. You may try to do what you think others will like, rather than going out on a limb and trying new things (I've been nervous putting some of my quilts or posts out there).

Having said that, I must admit I'm pretty chuffed that there's 500 of you following my little blog. Hopefully a bunch of you wont 'unfollow' now and put it below 500 again (that would be a little embarrassing)! Thanks to everyone who comments, adds photos to my flickr group, buys my patterns, emails me, visits here regularly and even those who visit once in a blue moon and just have a look around.You are the reason I continue to blog and write patterns. This blog is a great way to journal my quilting and occational family events, but I don't think I'd do it as regularly if no one came to visit.

So to celebrate and say 'thankyou' I'm having a quilt pattern sale. Half price on all of my pdf patterns for the next 48 hours. Just head to my downloadable patterns page. Cheers! Sale finished - thanks.


I'm off to the Darling Harbour Quilt and Craft Fair in the morning. Are you going? Can't wait!

13 comments:

  1. Thanks Kate! I only found you recently via the SMS giveaway but as soon as I found you I had to follow & read your back log (extreme quilting was to great an idea!). I'm off to the fair tomorrow, dragging hubby along to help with bub, hope to see you : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can I ask, sorry, what's your best pattern for a beginner? I've never quilted but have just jumped into a sampler & would love to grab a pattern. Thanks Stacey

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know what you mean about followers. Although when I have a giveaway I let my followers have a 2nd entry, not to get more followers but to try to give my regulars a better chance.
    I love reading your blog and it is in my Must Read List which I check pretty often.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm going to the craft & quilt fair on Sunday and can't wait!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations on your 500 followers! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. We follow as you are fun! I am off to the show...might see you? I will be there Thurs/Fri...have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your blog and your quilts! I already have a few of your patterns but I'm anxiously awaiting one for the quilt made with the umbrella prints! It's soooo adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations and thank you so much. I've just been tempted by There's a Square in There :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. congratulations on the 500 followers

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats on over 500 - that's huge! I've been a follower for quite some time; sorry I don't comment more often. I really enjoy your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congratulations! I am looking forward to some more quilting and I love all your patterns, thanks for the special offer :)
    I too enjoy reading your blog and your patterns and fabric choices are very inspiring. Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congratulations! I just clicked to be a follower, I have read your blog in Google Reader for a long time but I agree, something about the follower number is fun.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment! I try to respond but life sometimes gets in the way. If you have any questions please email me at kate(at)kateconklindesigns(dot)com