Thursday, May 3, 2012

We've gone wild with fabric covered buttons!


Sarah cut her fringe off at school yesterday. Her hair was "in her eyes". She very tidily put the trimmings in the bin, and her substitute teacher didn't even notice (why do they think they can get away with things with a substitute teacher?)


You may remember last time she didn't just cut her fringe, she went the whole hog. But I'm a seasoned mum now, and we're taking in our stride.


We've enjoyed the afternoon covering 23mm buttons in little red riding hood fabric and celebrating the fact that it still goes into ponytails!

11 comments:

  1. Three out of 5 of my grand daughters are growing out chopped off bangs....all done at separate times...the other two girls aren't old enough to hold scissors yet! You just have to laugh!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL... you may have a future hair stylist on your hands! Good for you for taking it in stride. Love the covered buttons!

    Jennifer :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. HaHa! I remember my daughter doing the same thing! Luckily, hair grows fast!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Not again! She is so adorable, though. I suppose that makes it easier to take. That, and the fact that kids seem to need to cut their hair off all by themselves from time to time! Sweet buttons.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, they all do it, don't they?! The first time mine did it (she was 3), my first thought was that someone broke into our house and cut her hair. The second time, i pretty much knew it was her - LOL! (Hey, I did it too when I was a kid - oops) Love the buttons! o:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. We've all been there...how cute is she!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ha! My brother did that ALL THE TIME when he was a kid!
    I must say, at least she looks really very happy and not insecure about it - she must be a great kid on the inside as well!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well, Charlotte hasn't cut her hair. Yet. Your daughter is adorable no matter what.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a practical young lady...and an individual too! Hair will grow back and you have a fabulous story for her 21st!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sarah just plain likes short hair!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Que linda es la modelo.
    Besos.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment! I try to respond but life sometimes gets in the way. If you have any questions please email me at kateeconklin(at)gmail(dot)com