Monday, August 13, 2012

Baby Shower

We had a blast at my little sister - Erin's, baby shower on the weekend. I made these soft little rattles to decorate her nappy cake. They're meant to be giraffes but I think they look more like sea horses. When I was looking for an online template I found some gorgeous rattles from Lotta Jansdotta's book "Simple Sewing for Baby". Unfortunately I had left it to the last minute and didn't have time to buy the book, so I had to make up my own template for these ones.


I used some beautiful gender neutral fabrics from Umbrella Prints as we don't know the sex of the baby.


Speaking of Umbrella Prints, they have a beautiful new range of organic quilting weight fabric called Elephants Love Water! I can't decide which is my favourite  - I love them all, and I also like the fact that they are 150cm wide.


Amelia made this absolutely gorgeous, handquilted wallhanging. I wish I had a better photo.


I'm so excited that I'm going to have a little niece or nephew just around the corner to huggle and snuggle...


because my little one isn't a baby anymore.

8 comments:

  1. Such cute rattles, Kate! I need to make some of them for my new granddaughter - she'd love them!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeousness everywhere! Your sister looks absolutely radiant- you are right you all look so similar! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my, how fast they grow :D
    I totally think they look like searaffes lol
    Either way they are cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yours is going to grow exponentially when the new baby arrives. Enjoy all the moments while you can.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cute sewing projects, and your sister makes an adorable pregnant mama!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Kate, I recently found your blog again after going into Hatties Patch and seeing some of your work:) I I hope you and your family are well! Your quilts are just gorgeous!:)

    Bec from Torrens House:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. So cute! Your baby is growing so quickly! =) & that fabric is darling!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's the cutest shower gift and oh my gosh, look at your baby!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment! I try to respond but life sometimes gets in the way. If you have any questions please email me at kate(at)kateconklindesigns(dot)com