Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Quilt for Tasmanian Bush Fire Quilt Appeal

Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts on my 'off kilter' chevron design. It has still been difficult to make a decision on which one to use though, because there are so many different favourites (can you please all get together first, and then let me know which one you've chosen :)). My original favourite was option 4 "Skinny really off kilter", but quite a few of you made a valid point - that the fat design will show off Saffron's fabric much better, so it's down to design 1 or 3.

Yesterday I also got an email from Jess (from The Elven Garden) who said:
"In the last week, we have had some major bush fires in Tasmania, and over 200 homes have been destroyed or severely damaged. I'm organising a quilt appeal to donate quilts to the kids who've been affected by the fires."
All the pertinent information is in this blog post: http://theelvengarden.blogspot.com.au/2013/01/tassie-bush-fire-quilt-appeal.html"
 
Fantastic work Jess! I've been waiting for someone to organise something like this. The fires continue to burn around Australia and there is a great need out there. I want to donate something, so I thought I'd make up a baby quilt for the quilt appeal while trying out my design. 

Here's the first option using some of Aneela Hoey's fabrics with  a pale pink background.


And then by just switching some of the blocks you get option 3, a more zingy, random design.


The first one is more calming and the other more fun I think. I might be leaning towards the first.

My thoughts and prayers go out to those affected by the devastating bush fires. If you would like to donate a quilt or money please go to Jess' blog to get all of the information.

1 comment:

  1. Hi, I went through your this post and found really interesting. I landed this page through internet search and found
    this page very good.I am a web designer and works in a web design company
    as a designer I liked the color of your blog also.

    Thanks,

    Nazrin parvin

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment! I try to respond but life sometimes gets in the way. If you have any questions please email me at kate(at)kateconklindesigns(dot)com